Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!
Okay, I got this on Facebook and Blogger so guess I'll answer the questions.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No, but I was thrilled!
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, had been for 4 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was shocked. I totally didn't expect it but oh so excited. I had always wanted children and wasn't sure I was ever going to get the chance to have them (long story).
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never...Nope...Never Ever
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I hadn't been feeling well for awhile and my breasts were really sore. Then we planned to go to a party where there would be drinking so I took a test just in case. Totally did not expect it to come out positive...hence the reason I took like 4 more.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My (now ex) husband Mark
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, I wanted to be totally prepared. Didn't matter though, I just knew what I was having and I was right.
9. DUE DATE? January 23rd, but it was WAY wrong
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Some, but mostly it was just a total aversion to food in the beginning.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Home fried potatoes (fresh, not frozen), grilled chicken breast with barbecue sauce, and Taco Bell (which was 4 hours away!)
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My friend Toni (she was way too bubbly about me being pregnant), my (ex) husband who just ticked me off regularly, and having all my family so far away so I couldn't really have my mom's help through the whole thing.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Female
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I had always wanted a boy first so that he could be a protector for his little sister so I was a bit sad but once they confirmed I was having a girl, I couldn't imagine having anything but her so it passed quickly.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? It went up and down by what medications they put me on. When I was good and medicated, my weight stayed at about a 35 pound gain but then at the end when they pulled me off of them, I ballooned up another 45 pounds or so over about a 2 1/2 month period.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, I did. I had some really nice friends that got together and held it for me.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about and was glad as after awhile of not knowing about a shower, I begin to feel that people don't care and have forgotten me (I learned this later on, not then).
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I had preeclampsia/toxemia diagnosed really early (very unusual) in my pregnancy. They put me on medications starting in my 8th week and tried taking me off several times which never worked until they had to take me off prior to birth at the end and put me on bed rest. My delivery was very touch and go as they were worried either I would have a stroke or my baby would have complications because my blood pressure was through the roof and climbing...luckily all worked out in the end.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? The Berlingenfeld Hospital in Germany
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 8 Flat...water broke at 4:00am and she was born at noon.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? my (ex)husband....driving like an Earnhardt
22. WHO WAS WITH YOU WHEN YOU GIVE BIRTH? my (ex)husband and my friend Toni
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Totally natural.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Because of all my complications I couldn't have pain meds. I did get to have Pitocin though to make the contractions even stronger...that was just LOVELY! I did beg for meds though.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 pounds 14 ozs and 21 inches long
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? January 24th though they discovered that she was about 3 1/2 weeks early (I told them so!)
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Bailey Ryan...but changed it to Bailey Marie right as I filled in the birth certificate
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 10
going on 45.
I'd post a picture but look one post down and you'll see her. I don't have any newborn photos on the computer.
Oh, and Miss, I commented on your post but don't see it so if it doesn't show up, you're still having problems.