Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We're Having A Baby!!!

We've tried (rather unsuccessfully...love you Mom!) to keep this to ourselves for a bit but since the word is out thanks to some family members (again, Mom), I figured we might as well share it with everyone, so we're having another baby. 
We had some complications thus far so we've been a bit worried but today we had an ultrasound and we got some really good news. Dr. Worrall said we now have a "viable pregnancy." We have a heartbeat, we have an embryo, and nothing looks particularly worrisome. Once you see a heartbeat, the odds of having a miscarriage go WAY down so we can breathe a little now.
It really seems real to me now. I have to admit that until this point I haven't truly believed it but then when I saw that heart just pounding away, my breath caught in my throat. He wont admit it, but I'm pretty sure that huge grin on Kelly's face was also accompanied with a little wetness around the eyes. We both saw it almost immediately before Dr. Worrall even pointed out anything and we were both ecstatic. 
So, that's our news and we're very surprised but also very happy. Be ready to add another O'Neil come December 28th (or if he/she is like the other two, a few weeks before)! :)

3 comments:

Dahlia said...

Again, we're so stinkin' excited and happy!!! Can't wait to treat you to Hot Licks in May...they are open then, right? I think that's the only time we go to eat ice cream there - what's this, 5 times now between the two of us? :) love you all!!!

Kelly, Amber, Bailey and Vaughn said...

Am looking forward to the ice cream...especially since I'm being pretty careful about my diet so have only had real ice cream once. 5 really...that's crazy. Love you too!

Melissa said...

Congrats again, specially now that things are looking better! Really happy for both you and Kelly..and Bailey and Vaughn too LOL
*HUGS*